What a great way to come back after spring break. Students remembered a lot about our first class and we went right to work today!
This week our key vocabulary included:
- Sequence: Steps of directions.
- Algorithm: A list of steps that you can follow to finish a task
- Programmer: A person who writes computer programs.
- Learn how to follow directions given by another person.
- Use the skill of prediction to determine how to complete a task.
- Learn programming directional vocabulary:
- Turn Right
- Turn Left
We finished our rotations with BeeBots and the iPads and next week we will be meeting Dash. Check out one of the am coding club groups navigating their BeeBots!
Here is a video the afternoon club made based upon a challenge from a class in Winona, Minnesota.
Parents-we would love the media release for pictures-feel free to send with your child and I can pick it up from the teachers.
Have a great weekend!
Mrs. Cabeen and Mr. Mayers