Welcome to Coding Club-hopefully you heard a few things from your children last night about our first session. We had a great time and it is so much fun to watch students engaged in new learning!
This week our key vocabulary included:
- Sequence: Steps of directions.
- Algorithm: A list of steps that you can follow to finish a task
- Programmer: A person who writes computer programs.
- Learn how to follow directions given by another person.
- Use the skill of prediction to determine how to complete a task.
- Learn programming directional vocabulary:
- Turn Right
- Turn Left
Simon Says. To get our brains thinking like a computer the first activity we did was like Simon Says. We all lined up and Mrs. Cabeen or Mr. Mayers would say something like this:
“Move Forward…Green Says Go”
“Move Backward….Green Says Go”
…..after a few rounds of one-step directions we created sequences like this:
“Move Forward, Turn Right….Green Says Go”
“Move Backwards, Turn Left, Turn Right, Move Forward ……Green Says Go”
Lets Meet BeeBot
After all this it was time to meet BeeBot! As a whole group we laid out a sequence of cards to program BeeBot from the starting point to our end position. After that we learned how to code BeeBot on iPads as well.
Students then partnered up and see below for what happened next.
If you have any questions about our 6 week session or want to come watch a class please feel free to email at email@example.com or call the office.
Have a great weekend!
Mrs. Cabeen and Mr. Mayers.