We continued the Learning Objectives of:
- I will learn vocabulary words that will help me program
- I will work with other students to problem solve Challenges on the iPad and with the Robots
- I will understand the relationship between the commands I make and the directions that the Robot moves.
- I will learn how to ‘pair’ Sphero to the iPad.
Vocabulary reviewed today included:
- Sequence: Commands that are executed by a computer
- Command: A specific instruction given to a computer in written code by a programmers.
- Pairing: the way we ‘connect’ Sphero to the iPad
- Bluetooth: the wireless connection that supports the pairing.
- This week we reviewed how to pair the iPad and Sphero to get it connected
- Students paired off and independently paired their devices all by themselves.
- Once they got it paired we added challenges such as: jumping ramps, making shapes and having the partner guess the shape, navigating around cones and other obstacles.
The results-the kids did fantastic! They really picked up on programing and pairing quickly today-please let them know at home what a great job they did!
Let me know via Remind or give me a call if you have questions. You are always free to stop in and join our class anytime!
Here are some of the media clips that have featured our students.